Online Nursing Degrees
Online Nursing Degree is rapidly increasing due to the changing scenario of nursing as in other fields.The online nursing degrees to help people in the nursing profession to educate them without giving up their job. In the past, due to the diversity of nurse practitioners education tracks, most nurse practitioners in the profession was not providing adequate nursing degrees. But Now health care environment has become more advanced and sophisticated.
Nursing is not just a profession but also a kind of service to humanity. In the past nursing was seen as a part of religious devotion mostly by women. However, today like any other profession, nursing also has no sexual barrier. The first nursing school was founded by Florence Nightingale in 1860 in St Thomas Hospital in London. Nursing has many areas for specialization. First, patients of different ages need other care. A nurse can learn the detailed aspects of the nursing profession through Online Nursing Degree Program. In broad spectrum, there are two types of nurses – Surgical Nurses and General Nurses.
Nursing as a profession is very rewarding, not only for women but for men as well. Due to the rapid growth of health-related industries, there is a rising demand for nurses as well Registered nurses have an enormous scope. There are only employed as bedside nurses. They can be used by doctors, lawyers, insurance companies, school districts, ambulatory surgery centers, fire departments, among others. Therefore, it is important for nursing students to acquire a nursing degree, which is genuine and accredited. Degrees obtained through Online Nursing Degrees Programs, opens a wide range of employment prospects for students. It says there is a boom in all divisions of the medical and nursing industry. The salary range is also high enough to lead a comfortable life.
Online Nursing Degrees and Courses
To start a nursing career, students can register online nursing degree programs. Many online nursing schools offer a variety of degrees in diverse disciplines of nursing. Students can have a detailed training, along with a certificate of being at home through Internet. Given that nurses have to deal with critical medical cases days, must have a strong nerve. Students choose their subject from a wide range of nursing studies. In general, the programs are designed so that students receive a similar basic training and then specialty training for different channels of nursing.
The level of nursing career expands from certificate in nursing assistant to the level of PhD in nursing education. Obviously there are plenty of options online bachelors degree in nursing as well as Online Masters Degree in Nursing Education. There are programs that are integrated in nature provides two degrees back to back. Integrated courses is a good option, as they provide a higher degree in the same school. Above all the cost of study is reduced to enter an integrated program. A number of online nursing schools provide certain programs that help a registered nurse (RN) to have a Masters degree in Nursing or Nursing Education. Some of the popular online degree programs in nursing are listed below:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing for Nurse Practitioners
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) BSN Track – Informatics
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) BSN Track – General
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) RN Track – General
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) BSN Track – Education
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse-Midwifery
- Master of Science in Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing – Psychiatric and Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist or Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing – Health Care Systems Management
- Master of Science, Nursing – Management and Organizational Leadership
- MSN – Nurse Educator Bridge
- MSN – Nurse Educator
- Master of Science in Nursing – Acute Care
- PhD – Nursing Education
Admissions in Online Nursing Degrees Programs
To get enrolled in online degree programs in Nursing, one need not be highly qualified in terms of academics. Although most undergraduate nursing degrees to apply for a secondary school diploma or equivalent academic degree.
Online Nursing Degree schools
Online Nursing schools located in different cities conduct online nursing degree programs. Most of these nursing schools have the reputation in terms of online degree courses. These schools design their own nursing degree courses, so that students have the opportunity to extend their studies to higher levels. Some nursing an integrated online courses. Here are some of the outstanding schools that offer online degree programs in nursing:
- Walden University, Baltimore
- Drexel University Online, Philadelphia
- Western Governors University, Salt Lake City
- Stevens-Henager College, Ogden
- University of Phoenix, Phoenix
- Walden University, Baltimore
- South University, Savannah
- University of Cincinnati, Orlando
- Florida Hospital College of Health Sciences, Florida
- Loyola University New Orleans, New Orleans
- Lewis University, Romeoville
- Chamberlain College of Nursing, Addison
- Clarion University of Pennsylvania, Clarion