State Bank of Travancore Education Loan and Interest Rate
State Bank of Travancore Offerd Education Loan through its Gyan Jyothi and Sahaya Varsha Scheme and through this scheme State Bank of Travancore provide financial assistance and study loan to deserving meritorious students for pursue higher education in India and Abroad.
Purpose of Education Loan
To meet the tuition and other Fee\ Examination\ Library\ Laboratory\ cost of books\ Purchase of Computers\ Equipments\ Instrument\ Uniforms and the Cost of passage for studies abroad. Any other expenses required to complete the course like study, tours, project work, thesis etc. also be financed.
Eligibility of State Bank of Travancore Education Loan
The student should be an Indian National and
i) have secure admission to professional\ technical courses through entrance test\ merit based selection process.
ii) have secured admission to foreign university institution.
Studies in India
- Graduation courses, BA, B.Com, B.Sc, etc
- Post Graduation courses, Master and PhD.
- Professional courses like Engineering, Medical, Agriculture, Veterinary, Law, Dental, Management, Computer etc.
- Other courses leading to diploma, degree etc.
- Courses offered by National Institutes and other reputed private institutions.
- Evening courses of approved institutions.
- Course offered in India by reputed foreign university
- Computer certificate course of reputed institutes accredited by Department of electronics or institutes affiliated to Universities.
- Courses like ICWA, CA, CFA, etc. Courses conducted by IIM, IIT, IISC, XLRI, NIFT etc.
- Graduate course in nursing studies.
Graduation: For job oriented professional\ Technical courses offered by reputed universities.
Post graduation: MCA, MBA, MS etc.
Courses conducted by CIMA – London, CPA, in USA.
For studies in India Rs.10 lacs
For studies Abroad Rs.20 lacs
Margin of Loan
Up to Rs.4 lac – Nil
Above Rs.4 lac- I) studies in India – 5% and Studies Abroad- 15%
Rate of Interest : 13.00%
Repayment of Loan
To commence 1 year after completion of course or 6 months after getting job, whichever is earlier. The loan is to be repaid in 5-7 years after commencement of repayment.
Security of Loan
No security for loan up to Rs.4 lacs
Above Rs.4 lacs and up to Rs. 7.5 lacs collateral in the form of a satisfactory third party guarantee requited if the parent(s) has sufficient worth the condition regarding the above may be waived.
For loan amount or c0-obliation equal to the loan amount or co-obligation of parents\ guardian\ third party along with assignment of future income of the student for payment of installments may be obtained.
Security can be in the form of land\ building\ Govt. securities\ public sector bonds\ units of UTI, KVP, LIC Policy, Gold, Shares\ debentures, bank deposit in the name of student\ parent\ guardian\ or any other third party with suitable margin.
No processing fee for studies in India
Documents Submitted to the State Bank of Tranvancore
- Tow copies of Passport size photograph
- Testimonials in original from the head of the institution and from one or two other respectable persons not related to the student.
- Proof of admission to the course.
- Schedule of expenses for the course.
- Copies of foreign exchange permit (if applicable)
- Copy of salary slip\ statement of income of parent\ guardian.
You may also contact to State Bank of Travancore toll free number 180 425 5566
The post State Bank of Travancore Education Loan and Interest Rate appeared first on India Education.